Best Tips for Back to School Success
As summer is coming to a close, many of you have returned to school or will start soon. Whether you are working on an undergraduate degree, graduate degree or a certification program, you will want to start your journey on the right foot. Listed below are some of our articles that contain the best back to school tips for success.
- Time Management Success – Time management is the key to when trying to balance work, family, and school. It is all about planning, scheduling and compromising. Cliff Crosby, former NFL player, shares his own personal story and tips he used while working on his master’s degree.
- Balancing Life, Work and Graduate School – Additional tips for attending graduate school and balancing life. Graduate school can be time-intensive and requires a balancing act with other commitments.
- Four Tips to Overcome Procrastination – Start school on the right foot by keeping up with all assignments. Resist the urge to procrastinate, as it will hurt you in the end. These tips will help train your mind to avoid procrastination and reach success.
Courses and Communication
- How to Decode a Syllabus – Each course syllabus outlines important information about the class. Be sure to read it and utilize these tips to help you navigate the course.
- Talk to Your College Professors – Speaking regularly with your professors is a great way to reach success. Be sure to get to know them early to create an impactful relationship. These key points will help you communicate better with your professors.
Financial, Academic, and Personal Resources
- Five Financial Tips to Save You Money When Going Back to School – Attending college is not cheap, but there are many ways to save money. Creating a budget, renting books, completing the FAFSA, are a few financial tips, that can help you financially while working towards your educational goals.
- Top Ten Tips for Back to School Success – Important academic tips include meeting with your college advisor on a regular basis and utilizing your school resources, such as tutoring services, writing centers, and technology departments (often all free services). Remember to contact your AthLife Advisor for academic assistance or with any changes to your scholarship enrollment plan.
- College Student Self-Care – Do not forget to take care of yourself while in college. There are several steps you can take to help manage stress and stay healthy so you can focus on your education.
As you return to school, keep in mind all of these articles with our best tips for back to school success. Be sure to reach out to your AthLife advisor with any questions or concerns as you work on your educational goals.